The Live Your Dream Awards assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the financial resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
In addition to providing the primary financial support for their families, eligible applicants must be enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program and must demonstrate financial need.
Live Your Dream Awards recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation.
You are eligible to apply for the SIHR Live Your Dream Awards if you:
- Are a woman with the primary financial responsibility for yourself and your dependents. (Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents)
- Have financial need.
- Are enrolled in or have been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Are motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Reside in Hood River/Wasco County.
- Have not previously been the recipient of a Live Your Dream Awards (formerly called the Women’s Opportunity Award). Do not have a graduate degree.
- Are not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- Have submitted completed application and reference forms.
Now that you have determined that you eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards, you are ready to begin the application process. The Live Your Dream Awards application has two components:
- The application itself
- Two (2) reference forms
These documents must be submitted together in order for your application to be considered eligible.
Applications can be picked up at the Hood River Library, Cascade Locks Library, Parkdale Library and The Dalles Library. You may also download the application and reference forms attached to this post.
Award Applications should be sent to:
Soroptimist International of Hood River
Attn: Live Your Dream Awards
PO Box 51
Hood River, OR 97031
EXTENDED Application Deadline Is: Postmarked January 15, 2018
If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact Soroptimist Kate Dougherty at email@example.com or 541-490-4296.