LUNAFEST 2009

 

Filled with stories of reflection and whimsy, hope and humor, grace and perseverance, LUNAFEST films are renowned for celebrating the talents and stories of women.

LUNAFEST films include many off the traditional “festival circuit.” Collectively, LUNAFEST films captivate audiences, compel dialogue and arm those who participate with both the knowledge and the motivation to make a difference in their communities.

Award Winning Films

LUNAFEST’s films have won industry awards and audience accolades, and the films selected for 2007-08 LUNAFEST share this brilliance. From quirky animation to touching documentaries, the 9 selected films are incredibly diverse in both style and subject matter, united by a common thread of exceptional storytelling by…for…about women.

Click here to learn more about the 9 LUNAFEST award-winning films.

With a vision of uniting women through film, LUNAFEST was established in 2000 by LUNA, the makers of the Whole Nutrition Bar for Women, to simultaneously promote women filmmakers, raise awareness for women’s issues, and support worthy women’s nonprofit organizations throughout the U.S. and Canada.

When Soroptimists of Hood River heard about this annual film festival we felt it was a perfect fit with our mission. Soroptimists International of Hood River is part of a worldwide organization for women in management and the professions, is a global voice for women through Awareness, Advocacy and Action.

Soroptimist International of Hood River works towards these goals by raising funds to assist organizations like Helping Hands, Next Door, Inspiration Circle at the Hood River Valley High School and provide scholarships for Women going back to school.

85 % of the funds raised at this film festival will go towards Community Service projects of Soroptimist of Hood River and the other 15% will go towards Breast Cancer Fund.

This year the LUNAFEST will be showing on January 14th and 15th at 6:30 pm at the Columbia Center for the Arts. There will be a pre-show event with Wine and appetizers at 5:30 pm.

Tickets prices are $12 for adults and $8 for students; you may purchase tickets in advance at Waucoma Bookstore starting December 15, or at the door.

To learn more … visit the LUNAFEST website.

This entry was posted in film festival, fundraiser, LUNAFEST, SIHR, women, women's films. Bookmark the permalink.